Votronic MPP165 Duo Digital charge regulator
Upgrade your motorhome's energy efficiency with our advanced Solar Charger featuring MPPT technology. Harness the maximum power from your solar panels, ensuring faster and more efficient charging. This intelligent charger optimizes energy conversion, allowing you to enjoy longer off-grid adventures with clean, reliable power. Keep your batteries charged and your motorhome ready for your next journey with our MPPT Solar Charger."
This description highlights the benefits of using MPPT technology for a motorhome solar charger, such as improved energy conversion and longer off-grid capabilities.
MPP Solar Controller for high-quality campers, caravans and boats. VOTRONIC Solar Controllers of series "MPP" (Maximum-Power-Point) with characteristic line of charging „IU1oU2“ are the link between solar panel(s) and battery (batteries). Controllers according to the MPP technology are continuously and automatically calculating the maximum power yield (MPP) of the solar modules several times per minute. The voltage surplus of the solar module will be transformed to a higher charging current for the battery (realised by high-frequency switching controller technology with high efficiency). This surplus of charging current ensures short charging times and the best possible power yield of the solar system. Working fully automatically and maintenance-free, the solar controllers MPP offer the following functions:
- Increased MPP charging current compared with conventional controllers, due to ultramodern controller technology (microprocessor) by 10 % to 30 % (efficiency > 95 %). This enhanced capacity shows particularly in cooler times of the year, such as in case of foggy weather conditions or gloomy diffuse light (winter break).
- Switchable characteristic lines of charging or optimum charging of lead- gel-/dryfit, AGM/fleece or acid/lead-acid batteries, as well as LiFePO4 battery systems with integrated protection and battery management system.
- The charging voltage being free from peaks is controlled in such a way, that any overcharging of the batteries is excluded.
- Two Battery Charging Ports: Automatic charging of the main supply board battery (BOARD I), as well as support charging and trickle charging (max. 1 A) of the vehicle's starter battery (Start II) with overcharge protection.
- Unattended Charging: Standard protection against overload, overheating, reverse battery and back discharge of the battery (in case of insufficient solar power, such as at twilight, at night etc.).
- Parallel and Floating Operation: Observation of the characteristic lines of charging, even with simultaneous operation of consumers.
- Overcharge protection: Reduction of the charging current of the battery in case of excessive solar power and full battery. Immediate recharging in case of power consumption to ensure always the best possible charging state of the battery.
- Characteristic Line of Charging "IU1oU2": A defined charging boost (U1) avoids harmful acid accumulation (lead) and provides equalization charge to the individual battery cells (lead and lithium). After that, automatic trickle charging (U2).
- Charging Cable Compensation: Automatic compensation of voltage losses on the charging cables.
- On-board Mains Suppression Filter: Unproblematic parallel operation with wind-driven and motor-driven generators, mains supply chargers, dynamos etc.
- Measurement Output for EBL, electroblock possibly existing in the living area of the vehicle: Allows convenient application of the (solar) current display being installed in the electroblock for supervision of the solar system.
Please check in advance the compatibility of your Schaudt Electrobloc (EBL) and the corresponding control panel, because we are not able to give any warrenty for this.
- Terminal „AES“ (only MPP 250, MPP 350 and MPP 430): Automatic commutation of refrigerators with “AES” (Automatic Energy Selector, Electrolux/Dometic) from gas operation to 12 V operation in case of excess solar power.
- Connection for Battery Temperature Sensor (Order No. 2001): Lead batteries: In case of low outside temperatures, full charging of the weak battery is improved by automatic adaptation of the charging voltage to the battery temperature, and in case of summery temperatures unnecessary battery gassing and battery load will be avoided.
LiFePO4 Batteries: Battery protection in case of high temperatures and particularly in case of low temperatures. Highly recommended, if the battery temperature might drop below 0 °C during operation.
- Ready for connection of the Votronic Solar Display LCD-Solar Computer S for optimum control of the system.